For 31 years What Now has been wowing, exciting and gunging New
Zealand audiences. It's become as much a part of New Zealand as
barbeques, jandals, pavlova and tomato sauce! But the dedicated
team at What Now aren't resting on their laurels. They're committed
to ensuring this iconic show remains the gold standard for New
Zealand kid's telly.
- Hilarious parodies of music vids and popular TV shows like
Stars in Disguise and Da Apprentice keep the laughs coming.
- Comic characters such as our pre-school TV troupe The
- Live In Your Living Room turns the show on its head to
broadcast live from a typical Kiwi family's not-so-typical Sunday
- Much-loved presenters Gem, Johnson, Adam and Ronnie provide
warm and engaging "big sister and brother" role models when they're
not throwing foam pies.
- Other What Now regulars keep the show ticking along: Camilla
the Gorilla provides additional relief and bananas, while The
Teachinator takes on real-life schoolteachers Gladiator-style, to
the amusement of their cheering students.
- Competitions, games, giveaways and gunge galore - from physical
challenges such as the Super Circuit to phone-in games that connect
viewers from all across the country with the in-studio antics.
Interactivity is key: viewers still write letters and emails -
and the Teleops take thousands of viewer phone calls per show. But
What Now has expanded into a multimedia platform running 24/7
through its website, Twitter feed and YouTube partnership. Feedback
is instant, and What Now listens - all part of the What Now
philosophy of seeing the world through children's eyes.